If you are interested in any of the workshops below, please contact the school office and ask for Sophie Smart.
Stress management for Parents
Wellbeing Connect Services are offering a free stress management workshop for parents on Monday 31st May from 11.00am-12.00pm.
The online class is a practical guide to de-stressing and coping with parenthood these challenging times and will take you through:
• Breathing techniques
• Light exercises
Register via the link below. Link to Zoom will be sent to you closer to the day
Working in Early Years
Supporting my Child with Behaviour
Working as a Community Interpreter
Working as a Teaching Assistant
Introduction to Counselling Skills
Free English Lessons
Barnet & Southgate College are running a series of ESOL workshops:
- To help improve your English Language
- Speaking/listening/reading/writing, so you can support your child with homework & learning &
- Develop important life skills
Course starts: 22nd September 2021 every Wednesday morning 9.00-11:00am.
Getting Ready for Universal Credits
This course aims to give students the skills and confidence to use the new Universal Credit online benefit system.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use the Internet to access the Government website and Universal Credit home page
- Register for a test account on the Universal Credit platform
- Log into my test Universal Credit account and practice completing an application
- Use the Universal Credit account to see how to access personal information and make amendments
- Sign up to Verify
This course is aimed at parents/carers of children that attend Bush Hill Park Primary School. It is also for people that will be changing or have recently changed to Universal Credit in Enfield.
When: Every Thursday starting on 1st November
Time: 9:15am – 11.45am
How long: 6 weekly sessions.
Prepare your child for starting secondary school
“Discover how to support a child through the transition of entering secondary school. On this taster session, parents will consider the concerns they or their children have about starting secondary school for the first time and discuss strategies and activities they can use to support their child in this transition.”
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities
We are pleased to announce a NEW Parent Course starting In January 2020.
The free programme is called Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC), it is a 13-week course aimed to promote positive parent and child relationships.
It is an inclusive programme designed to help and support parents with the challenges they face in raising happy and successful children.
By taking part in SFSC, you will:
- Making parenting an enjoyable experience
- Improving communication between you and your child
- Share ideas and suggestions with other parents
- Learn parenting techniques
- Establishing boundaries and consequences.
If you have a child aged 1-16, then this could be the journey for you! This programme is a 13-week class delivered once a week at school from 9:00-12:00, every Wednesday morning starting on the 8th January.