Designated Child Protection Staff
What to do if you have a safeguarding concern
- Our aim is to promote a culture of being a safe organisation for young people.
- If you have any concerns relating to the safeguarding or welfare of a pupil you must report it immediately to one of the designated members of staff.
- You will be required to complete a ‘Cause for Concern’ form. The form should record the time, date and place and any other people who were present.
- If a disclosure has been made to you, yours is a listening role, do not interrupt or ask any leading questions.
- Do not give undertaking of absolute confidentiality as you have a responsibility to disclose information to those who need to know.
- Your responsibility in terms of referring concerns ends at this point.
- If you are not sure whether it is a serious concern, always see a member of the above designated staff. Better safe than sorry!
Worried about the safety of a child? Report it now
All children and young people have the right to live in safety, without emotional cruelty, neglect, violence, or sexual abuse. If you are worried about the welfare of a child please tell us about your concerns so that someone can help. Speak to A Designated Member of staff.
Code of Conduct for Contractors
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and keeping our school community safe, we require all companies and organisations we work with whose staff at some point work at or within our school site, must provide us with a letter confirming that all the relevant safeguarding checks have been carried out on their workers/employees. Once received, staff from organisations working at our school will need to show their Photo ID to confirm they are who they say they are on their first visit, or at each visit if attending rarely, and wear their ID Badge at all times. A confirmation letter must be sent to us at the start of each academic year.
Please read our Code of Conduct for Contractors, as it sets out some basic rules relating to site access and movement, behaviour and dress required of your staff members whilst carrying out their duties in our school.