School governors are ordinary people from the local community who wish to make a positive contribution to children’s education. They are the largest volunteer force in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards through their three key roles of setting the strategic direction of the School, ensuring accountability, and being the School’s ‘critical friend’.
Almost anyone can become a school governor. All new governors receive training and support from the School, the Local Authority and their fellow governors. If you are interested in assisting the School in this way, please ask the School Office for further details.
The governing body make strategic decisions on how the school is run and are answerable to parents, the wider community and most importantly the children who attend Bush Hill Park Primary School. They govern rather than manage giving direction and focus. The management of the school remains the responsibility of the Headteacher. They are responsible for:
- Appointing the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher and ensuring the implementation of a range of personnel procedures
- Managing the schools budget
- Determining aims, policies and priorities for Bush Hill Park primary School
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school
- Ensuring high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, suitable to age, aptitude and ability, which prepares them for adult life
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of pupils and staff
|LA Governor||Leon Rodin|
| Headteacher Governor
Parent Governor election results
At the last Parent Governor Election Shantelle Henry was elected to be Parent Governor for a four year term from April 2019. We currently have a Parent Governor Vacancy.
All Governors can be contacted through the school via our school telephone number: 020 8366 0521 or via email: email@example.com
Secondary Schools our pupils transfer to
Our pupils usually transfer to secondary schools in the Borough. Approximately one third go to Kingsmead, which is the closest to Bush Hill Park. The rest go to fourteen other state schools across the Borough.
The Gladys Aylward
|Bishop Stopford||Chace Community|
|Edmonton County||Enfield County||
|Highlands||Kingsmead||Lea Valley High|
|Oasis Academies||Nightingale Academy||Southgate|
We have established good communication links with these schools to ensure a smooth transition to secondary school.