At Bush Hill Park Primary School, we understand the importance of PE to the health and well-being of all of our children. We provide an inclusive and progressive PE curriculum throughout the school and offer a range of extra-curricular opportunities for children from Years 1 to year 6 (in line with the sports premium allocation – however, outside of this we ensure participation in PE and sports in the Early Years). These are delivered by both teachers and trained sports coaches.
We consider ourselves to play a vital role in developing the children’s understanding about living a healthy active lifestyle, therefore the Sport Premium is enabling us to give children opportunities to be ‘active’ throughout the day.
Our Primary School Sports premium will enable us to continue to extend our provision in line with The Department for Education’s vision.
The Department for Education Vision: ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
As a school we have also bought into the Excellence in Primary Physical Education programme provided by Enfield which includes the following:
- Professional Subject Leadership Programme
- Upskilling the Workforce (Progression of PE through the school)
- Building a PE Team/Building Capacity
- TAs and HLTAs PE Programme
- Play leaders/Lunchtime Assistants Training
- Motivating specific groups of pupils in learning through PE
- Early Years – ‘A Generation of Confident & Competent Movers’
- Sports Coach Training and Quality Assurance Agency
- Sporting events, competitions and leagues
- Keeping the 2012 Spirit Alive
- Entry into the Annual Dance and Gym Festivals
- Healthy body Intervention Programmes
- Health and Safety including EVC Advice and Training
Many of the targets/ objectives from our 2019/2020 PE and Sports Premium have carried over as a result of national lockdown in Spring and Summer 2020 and in order to make greater progress towards our objectives and our vision for PE and sports at Bush Hill Park Primary School as a whole.
Download the reports below to see how we intend to use this funding and the impact this has had so far.